“Ball” is one of the 1st words kidlets say…probably because they’re are motivated to get to one of their favorite 1st toys and infantino has a great set of textured balls that make a great toy for your little one. This set of balls is perfect for children 6 months and up.
What I especially like about this toy is the sensory aspect of it, the tactile experience each ball gives with its varied surface texture. There are bumps, ribs, grooves, divots and more. They’re easy to hold to facilitate exploration and discovery.
Develop gross motor skills and coordination:
• Using a round ball, sit across from your toddler or preschooler 2-3 ft
NOTE: If they sit with their legs spread it’ll help ‘catch’ the ball
• Roll the ball to your kiddo and sing:
I roll the ball to child’s name
(S)he rolls it back to me
I you don’t know the tune for the song listen here:
I guarantee your kidlet will get all kinds of enjoyment out of this!
As their skill level improves you can sit further apart from each other to improve their accuracy on rolling longer distances PLUS add a 2nd verse:
I toss the ball! Tossing is done underhand, gently, with the idea the other person will be able to catch it–in other words it’s not supposed to ricochet off the ceiling and bounce back off the floor…. (yes, that happened in preschool!)
If you’re outdoors you can add the coveted verse: I throw the ball but do so at your own risk!
Back to these textured balls….
They get a solid PLAY ON! stamp of approval with a couple comments.
• Encorages sensory exploration
• Promotes tactile development
• Fosters gross motor development
• Multi-purpose: use for physical play; add to dough or paint to create textures; accessory for language/skills development
• Hole in each ball will allow water (or spit) inside where it will inevitably develop mold if not cleaned and dried thoroughly
• Not made of natural rubber, but flexible PVC