Squigz by Fat Brain Toys
I saw, 1st hand, how children were drawn to, fascinated by, and challenged with Fat Brain’s ingenious toy Squigz. I’d been at an event and, naturally, brought some things for any kiddos there to come and try. I like giving kidlets open-ended toy options because then they are FREE to explore and use them as their imagination dictates! And I am always encouraging children to PLAY!
Squigz were a hit!
Squigz is a fabulous open-ended toy! The pieces will adhere to a variety of smooth surfaces like windows, walls, tabletops and bathtubs as well as to each other.
Playing with Squigz offers lots of learning opportunities! A few….
●Putting pieces together develops kiddos fine motor skills
●Throwing them at a window—trying to get them to stick—develops gross motor skills
●Adding pieces presents ‘cause & effect’situations developing cognitive skills
Plus, Squigz is a great sensory activity! Your kiddos will love the ‘POP’ the pieces make when they’re pulled apart!
For children ages 3-10 years, but I have a feeling, even older children would enjoy playing with these!
Squigz definitely gets a big thumbs-up PLAY ON stamp of approval!
● Open-ended toyàinspires creativity/experimentation; fosters self-confidence/independence
● Sensory toy
● Made from 100% BPA-free, latex-free silicone
● Variety of sets available
● Will not damage surfaces
● Can use in baths and will not have places for mold to develop
● Easy to clean–even dishwasher safe!
● Some younger kiddos might struggle a bit with getting the pieces to stick together. You can demonstrate how it’s done, but if they still have trouble, try suggesting they stick individual pieces to surfaces first.
Squigz is very versatile. BUT I never doubt kiddos’ abilities to find more ways to use things. So be sure to SHARE if how your child built, created, PLAYED with Squigz!
Yours in Play!