Lactation Cookie Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350°
1 cup butter
4 T Blackstrap molasses
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1 teaspoon vanilla
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup Ghiradelli chocolate chips
4 heaping tablespoons brewer’s yeast
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water—let sit for 3-5 minutes
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well. Add eggs and mix well. Add flaxseed mix then vanilla and mix together well.
- In another bowl sift together flour, brewer’s yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and seeds.
- Roll into balls about 1.5” in diameter and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let set for a couple minutes before removing from tray.
Enjoy with a cup of Mother’s Milk Tea or Fenugreek Tea.